Position: Hand Solderer (Temporary to Hire)
Location: San Jose, CA
We are a global semiconductor manufacturer with a location in San Jose, California. The company's business lines focus on energy efficiency, mobility and security with semiconductors that help vehicles, factories, and electronics run more efficiently. On the road, they improve vehicle safety, security, and efficiency. The company has global research and manufacturing operations and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Hand Solderer is a critical member of the manufacturing team for the company's high reliability business line. Specific responsibilities include:
* Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately solder components under microscope
* Utilize hand held tools such as jigs, fixtures, crimpers, screw drivers, wrenches, etc
* Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified Rework and/or repair assembled products according to engineering specification changes
* Maintain inventory of product in work stations
* Ability to start on an immediate temporary-to-hire basis is required
* MIL-STD-883 and J-STD-001 Certification desired but not required
* Prior experience with hand soldering and electronic assembly is highly preferred
* Ability to work in a clean room environment wearing ESD clothing is required
* Background investigation and drug screen required
Compensation and Benefits
This role offers a competitive hourly rate with paid overtime and company sponsored benefits for temporary staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Hand Solderer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.