Operate automated and manual grinding equipment on prescribed materials to remove remaining silicon and create smooth surface finish, according to specific procedures.
* Remove carbon wicks and excess silicon from product with hand grinding tools and electric grinders
* Load product and operate sandblasting machine; may involve attaching product to fixture
* Manage operation of several automated sandblasting machines simultaneously
* Visually inspect surface finish of product and determine completion of sandblast process, according to specifications
* Read blueprints to determine serial number location
* Prepare surface to sandblast serial number into product using manual sandblast machine
* Set up and operate both manual and automatic equipment to specifications
* Minimum 1 year of related experience
* High School Diploma or GED
* Familiar with measuring instruments, abrasive tooling, materials, drawings, machine functions and controls.
* Experience with Various sanding Tools, and Measuring Instruments
* Must be able to measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
HS Dimploma or GED required
Pre employment background and drug screen required.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Sandblast Operator position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.