Responsible for preparing import/export documents in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and Federal regulations. Monitor shipments and Customs clearance. Works closely with customs agents, warehouse staff, shipping companies, and customers to ensure that commercial documents accurately reflect the physical shipment with regard to country or origin, NAFTA (or other Free Trade agreement) status, and HTS classification. Communicates closely, build and retain strong relationships with approved freight forwarders, carriers, customers and staff.
Ensures that all import/export documentation and procedures are followed and comply with all record keeping requirements.
* Ensures import/export transactions are in accordance with established procedures (IMS/EMS), guidelines, SOPs, and Federal Regulations.
* Reviews information on all documents and certifies that the information (part number, UOM, country of origin, weights, quantities, ECCN, descriptions and value) match customs entry, physical count, and payment.
* Processes entry amendments for US and Canada through approved customs brokers. Communicates all findings to the Import Export Manager in order to have them corrected promptly. Participates in the determination of the root cause and corrective action.
* Maintains recordkeeping for international transactions and verifies that all documentation adheres to company's import export policies (IMS/EMS) and Federal regulations.
Coordinates activities to support Supply Chain Process with import export requirements.
* Track shipment progress and provides real time updates to interest parties.
* Anticipates and resolves potential delays or issues that could negatively impact the delivery deadline.Route shipments in the most cost effective manner to meet the service requirement.
Maintain broker, freight forwarder and carrier profiles and scorecards.
Coordinates with Sales, Procurement and Customer Service personnel to facilitate import export shipments.
* Complete import-export documentation, provide international freight quotes.
* Assist with calculating and providing accurate landed cost of goods and lead/transit times.
* Prepare required documentation to ensure that import and export shipments move as scheduled.
* Perform the necessary administrative tasks to support the import, export and record keeping requirements.
Collaborates with internal and external customers to support import export transactions and facilitate international trade.
* Communicates directly with customers to process quotes, shipping times and lanes, and costs associated with shipments; ensures freight forwarders meet customer expectations.
* Establishes and maintains strong relationships with approved freight forwarders and customs brokers through regular communication.
Hours are 7am-4pm
Pay is $17 (maybe $18)
Drug Test and Background check will be given.
Santa Fe Springs
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Strong on the computer
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Import/Export Clerk position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.