Ultimate Staffing is assisting a large medical group in a search for an experienced LVN Patient Service Representative.
This position will pay $22-24 per hour depending on experience. If you meet the requirements, please apply and send your resume to email@example.com
- Primary role is to help direct patient to the appropriate level / location of care. Based on history, symptoms and provider advice.
- The first determination is whether a patient needs a standard doctor's visit or Emergency Room level services and direct patient appropriately.
- Consult the Primary Care Physician (telephonically or in person) and direct the patient accordingly. Efforts will be made to contact: 1) Patient's PCP, 2) the Patient's PCP Team Mid-Level Provider, and 3) Urgent Care.
- Coordinate with POD's, Urgent Care Nursing and other staff so they can be informed and prepared for patient; thus continuity of care is promoted throughout the episode of care.
- The Nurse may be asked to assist in a number of patient care scenarios. Including but not limited to calls from: 1) Home Health Agency Nurses with reports / concerns; 2) Hospice with reports / concerns /questions, and 3) Laboratory with abnormal lab values.
- Document the conversation in a timely / appropriate manner in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Provide advice to the patient based on Physician input, Protocols, and best practices.
- Assist patients with medication orders, refills, diagnostics and other services identified during the process.
- Educate patients in relation to the disease process, symptoms, treatments and provider orders.
- Reassure and encourage patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
-Must be a Texas Licensed Vocational Nurse with a minimum one year of LVN experience, clinic experience preferred
-Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Strong Basic Computer Skills. Knowledge of Word Processing software, and Internet software
-Customer service oriented with a passion for helping others
-May be required to work weekends, evenings and holidays
-Maintains strict confidentiality of company, department, and patient information
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org